Thursday, September 7, 2017

 September 7
I got this text last night!

"Greenie Day for Elder Ferrris who your sweet son is training!!! The whole meal is green and we have an investigator for them to teach."
 
 

 













 September 4

Hey y'all!! This week was good! We met with Chris who is one of our new investigators and it was a way good lesson! We talked about God and who He is and it was just really good! He's a way solid investigator and he's been reading the Book of Mormon quite a bit! So that was good! We also did some service for Brother Watts! We painted a shed blue for him! It was a lot of fun! So that was pretty cool! 

Then later in the week we got a call from president McAteer saying we were loosing our car! So that was pretty crazy! And  to make it even crazier we were loosing it to the Rose City elders they were in an accident and their car got wrecked! Nobody got hurt but they needed another car because they can't bike from one end of Portland to the other- exactly! So I get it but it kinda stunk though! Oh well! We have bikes right now and they aren't too bad! Also it won't matter for very long anyway because we got transfer news on Saturday and I'm going to Kelso in Washington!  I get a car back so I'm not too sad about that! It's crazy to leave after only six weeks! But I'm excited for it! I'll be training as well so that'll be fun!! I'm excited! I had a blast with Elder Robinson and I think it'll be fun to train again! So overall I'm excited for the transfer!  Sad to leave this area so soon! But the Lord needs me somewhere else so that's where I'll go.
Hmm, what else happened this week... oh we had a good lesson with a young family, Chase and Phoenix Wadel! They are this cute young married couple with a 5 month old baby girl named Luna! And we had a great discussion with them about the Book of Mormon and what it teaches! We also had dinner with them on Sunday and it was really good! Got to know them pretty well and had a great time! They are awesome! If something else happened I can't remember it! But that's been my week! 

Spiritual thought time! 

So I was reading in Mark this week and I read Mark 12:41-44 which is the story of the widow's mite, and it stuck out to me a lot! The woman gave two mites which are practically worthless while others gave much much more, yet Jesus said, "Of all she has given the most because she gave all she had!"  And I thought about why that was so important! By doing so she showed God the absolute trust she had in him! She relied on Him though she didn't know what would happen! She knew God would take care of her! So I was thinking about it and that must mean so much to God and the Jesus! They are right there willing and able to help us through anything, and yet a lot of the time I find myself not trusting in them completely! How many people really do? But thinking about it, it means a ton to know someone trusts in you! So why not trust in God and show him love that way! He's never gonna let us down!  So yeah I thought that was a really cool thought! 
 
Funny spiritual thought! 
Mom this one is for you! 
I was reading in Matthew 24 and I came to verse 25 which says 
25 And behold I have told you before. 
And I was thinking back to the time when as a family we were reading scriptures, well my mom was reading  us kids were making a mess a being crazy kids
But my mom got to this verse and this is how she read it. 
"And behold I have told you before, to shut up!"
-Mary Dewald-
All of us kids stopped and we all burst out laughing it was a good time! But it's been an experience I've shared several time as an example of how reading the scriptures as a family can bless and bring the family closer together! 

Alright I better go now! I love y'all and I hope you have a great week! 


 Here's some pictures of the goat petting zoo we went to as a zone this morning!
  










August 28

Hey y'all!
This week was pretty good! We did some sweet service for brother Watts
this week! We helped him break up some concrete and move it and get the
spot of ground somewhat ready for some people to come pour concrete! So
that was a ton of fun! We also got to talk to the two guys he had
working for him to do it! And so that was really cool! One of them
even has a friend taking the missionary discussion so that was a cool
connection!
We also met a way cool guy named Steve this week! He is a former
investigator the missionaries used to teach! And we've had a few lessons
with him this week! He loves reading the Bible! He's read it about 20
times from cover to cover! And he's going through it again right now
he's in Isaiah and he's loving it! So we are exited to start working
with him and help him get a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
Then Saturday was a fun day! We had two investigators we were supposed
to have lessons with drop us in the morning  but it was okay because
the third one went through and it was a way good lesson! The guy's name
is Chis and he's mid 30's and he has one daughter and is married and
he is way interested in learning more! So that was a good way to balance
out the day! We also found another new investigator that day so it
works!
And another cool part of Saturday was that we got to go back to St.
John's Bay first area to help them find some new investigators! So that
was fun! Didn't get to see any of the people I know though because I
was banished to Hayden Island while I was there! But it was still
cool to be back!
Other than that not a ton else happened this week! But spiritual
thought for a week!
So it would've been really easy to get discouraged on Saturday because
of all the people dropping us or calling us to tell us they weren't
gonna be at church! But something my trainer used to say was that if
everything seems like it's going crappy it's because there is a
miracle right around the corner! So keep working keep trying! And the
miracles will come! So I felt that's how Saturday went! We could've
got discouraged but we kept going and the miracles came! And I think
this applies to everything in life! Pain, discouragement, hardship, it
is all temporary if we rely on Christ and work through it with a good
attitude it will end! If we quiver into the trials or pain and let it
it'll drag us down! So don't let anything stop you! Rely on Christ and                                                  He will help you overcome anything and everything!
Hope y'all have a great week! Love ya!

Elder Caleb Dewald

No comments:

Post a Comment